The Diamond Valley Cricket Association is currently seeking a suitable applicant to take the position of DVCA Umpires Observer.
Reporting to the DVCA executive and working closely with DVCUA executive and their umpires. The key focus of the role will be on:
• Match-day observing on every Saturday afternoon for the senior grades
• Match-day observing on Friday nights or Saturday mornings for the junior grades (required for total of 10 days over the full season)
• Active role on the umpire appointment panel
• Deliver practical ‘coaching’ sessions at scheduled DVCUA umpire meetings
• Monitor and utilise feedback on umpires submitted via captain reports to assist umpires in their development.
The ideal applicants will have a keen interest and previous experience in cricket, a passion for improving the standard of umpires and be driven to contribute positively to the Diamond Valley Cricket Association.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Excellent computer, phone and administration skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Knowledge of cricket, the role of umpires and its playing rules.
• Interest and previous experience within community sports
• Previous experience in the administration of local clubs, umpires or associations
• Previous experience in cricket umpiring within the DVCA or at a higher level
• Previous experience in a development/coaching/mentor role
• Working knowledge of the MyCricket system
For full details, please refer to the attached Position Description.
Please send applications to Sean Winstone, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must include both a resume and a cover letter addressing the roles and criteria outlined.
Applications will close on Sunday 31 July, 2015.
No late applications will be accepted.