DVCA Junior Umpires
The DVCA will be appointing umpires to junior matches this season once the following accreditation course has been undertaken, with the DVCA to reimburse the cost once the certificate is forwarded to this email address.
1. Prospective umpires to complete the Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation. Details can be located via the following link: http://community.cricket.com.au/umpire#
2. Titled "Cricket Australia - Community Officiating" it will be conducted in two parts:
Part One - a knowledge based section completed on-line;
Part Two - a practical section covering on-field technique and application of the knowledge gained in Part One followed by on-field assessment in a match environment by DVCA umpires.
3. Successful completion of the Part One will generate a "Certificate of Completion" which will be emailed to the participant and provide authorisation to start the on-field component (Part Two). Once you have this certificate, please forward a copy to email@example.com so reimbursement from DVCA Treasurer can be arranged.
4. Part two will be supervised by Cricket Australia approved Presenters/Facilitators on Wednesday 11 November at a venue to be confirmed. This face to face training will concentrate on the practical aspects of umpiring e.g. man and match management, positioning, knowledge of major laws such as dead ball. It is envisaged the sessions will take approx. 1.5 hours to complete.
5. Successful completion of both parts will lead to Community Officiating Accreditation and the issue of a Cricket Australia/Australian Sports Commission ID card to complete the course.
All officiating umpires are to purchase a DVCA cap and shirt which must be worn during the match they are officiating. Cost is $15 for a cap and $30 for a short sleeved polo shirt and $35 for a long sleeved polo shirt.
All match day umpires over the age of 18 are required to hold a valid Working With Children card. Details are available at https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/wwccu/onlineapplication.doj When applying, please ensure you tick the "volunteer" option so there are no charges applicable.
One umpire will be appointed to Under 16 and Under 14 home and away matches, and there will be no guarantee you will be appointed every week. Umpires will be paid $60 per day, and umpires who have not undertaken Part 1 of the accreditation course by 31 October will be paid $40 per day after this date. Under 18 matches will be officiated by an umpire from the senior list
Accredited umpires will be given preference to officiate.